CyVis is a free software metrics collection, analysis and visualisation tool for java based software.
Here are some key features of "CyVis":
· 100% Java Application with Java 1.5 support
· Collects Metrics from class files (hence there's no need for the source code).
· CyVis Ant Task, to integrate with your build.
· Multi-threaded for better performance(extraction of metrics).
· Detailed Metrics at Project, Package and Class Levels.
· Metrics shown in tables and charts.
· Customizable coloured highlighting in charts for better data visualisation.
· In depth analysis with the Project Tree Viewer.
· Capable of batch operation.
· Command Line option.
· HTML & Text Reports generation, or raw metrics export in XML format.
CyVis collects data from java class or jar files. Once the raw data is collected, certain metrics like number of lines, statements, methods, classes and packages are obtained.
Other metrics like cyclomatic complexity etc. are also be deducted. Once the metrics are collected, the statistical information can be viewed as charts, graphs and tables. Lots of importance has been given to how the information is shown on the charts.
They are drawn in such a way, that the user immediately knows where something might be wrong or bad in their software. Alternatively, HTML & Text reports can also be produced. Raw metrics can be exported in XML format, as the user chooses.
· Java Runtime Environment: JRE v5.0 or higher is required in order to run CyVis.
· Ant 1.6 or higher if you are planning to integrate CyVis with your build script.