Stunnix Perl-Obfus is the obfuscator for Perl source code.
Stunnix Perl-obfus is the unique solution for this problem for code written in Perl programming language - it's the advanced and reliable obfuscator for Perl source code that has advanced support for adding extremely difficult to remove automatic checks of licensing conditions. It converts the perl source files (.pl and .pm) into highly mangled and obfuscated form, making it extermely difficult to study, analyse, reuse and re-work for competitors or customers, while fully retaining functionality of the original source code. By default since version 1.3 that highly mangled and obfuscated code is encoded afterwards to hide the structure of the program completely. Stunnix Perl-obfus is not a compiler to machine code - the obufscated form will still be the usual perl source code, thus it will work on all platforms the original source worked on. State of the art support for ensuring license conditions (lifetime expiration, several types of hostname checks, user-defined checks) is present in Stunnix Perl-Obfus since version 1.5.
Please note that tools that convert code into executables like PAR and PerlApp are not a solution to the code hiding, since all source code of the application gets written to some temporary directory once executable produced by these tools is run, allowing curious users to get to your code in couple of seconds. However, using these tools on the output of Stunnix Perl-Obfus is perfectly supported, for cases when standalone executable needs to be produced from code protected by Stunnix Perl-Obfus.
The obfuscation means:
· Replacing symbol names with non-meaningfull ones, e.g. replacing list_of_customers with zcadaa4fc81
· Replacing numeric constants with expressions, e.g. replacing 232 with (0x14b6+2119-0x1c15)
· Replacing charaters in strings with their hex escapes, e.g. turning string "cust" into "x63x75x73x74"
· Adding extra parenthesis around expressions
· Replacing strings with interpolated variables in them with the concatenation of the appropriate components
· Removing or obfuscation of comments
· Removing spaces and tabs in the lines of code
· Joining all lines in your code
· Encoding the result of previous stages
What's New in This Release:
· The Project Manager GUI has been made more beautiful.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Full support was added for Perl versions 5.10.1, 5.10.2, and 5.12.[0-2].
· Small improvements and fixes have been introduced.