gtranslator 1.9.13 / 2.91.3
An enhanced gettext po file editor for the GNOME desktop environment.
- Highly customizable syntax highlighting (colorschemes are in xml and very easy to write).
- Different views of po files are supported.
- In-GUI compiling of the po file.
- Instant, customizable spell checking (ispell-based).
- Advanced history/recent files menu with project name & version -- not only the filename like other apps do it.
- Very comfortable header editing with selection boxes and automatical change of the other fields corresponding to your current selection.
- Opening of compiled (.gmo/.mo) gettext po files and compressed gettext po files is directly supported (open your gnumeric.mo and edit it to make your individual translation!).
- Navigation within untranslated/fuzzy messages.
- Update functionality with the help of xml-i18n-tools/gnu-i18n-tools.
- Query capability to search for already made translations in the gettext domains.
- Autoaccomplishment of found translations from the default query domain.
- Autofilling of po file headers with the entries from the preferences (never edit header comments again).
- Full D'n'D support and session awareness, therefore good integration into your GNOME desktop.
- Find/replace dialogs/functions.
- HTMLizer function which converts your po file into a syntactically highlighted html file to allow web-viewing of your po files.
- Old, obsolete entries can be kept if you wish to keep them.
- Status indiciation through status bar and progress bar.
- Docbook- & Scrollkeeper-enabled help which does also appear in the Nautilus help sidebar.
- URI support for all cases; opening of remote URL's is also supported.
- Signal handling which makes it possible to rescue po files which couldn't be saved due to a crash/interrupting/etc. in gtranslator -- loose less work with gtranslator!
- UTF-8 po files editing (in versions >= 0.39).
- List view for message which is very comfortable and sortable (it's based upon ETable/ETree from GAL).
- Personal learn buffer to support auto accomplishment with personal/learned translations from an UMTF file.
- Very comfortable messages table with colored, grouped display of the messages: group headers also show up the resting messages count.
- Useful undo for deletion, insertion.
- Importing from/converting to UTF-8 is possible from the GUI.
- Direct taking over the msgid as the msgstr.
- Enhanced learn buffer techniques added ("fuzzy" matching routines with a grade of voodoo).
- Messages table popup menu with translation look up for untranslated and fuzzy messages with the possibility to insert/take over the found the translation found in the learn buffer.
- pozilla !!!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.90.7
- Relicense some files as GPLv3+
- Don't normalize translations stored in the translation memory (Neil Roberts)