gtranslator 1.9.13 / 2.91.3
An enhanced gettext po file editor for the GNOME desktop environment.
gtranslator project is an enhanced gettext po file editor for the GNOME desktop environment. It handles all forms of gettext po files like compiled gettext po files (gmo/mo files), compressed po files (po.gz/po.bz2 etc.) and features many comfortable everyday usage features likeFind/Replace, Auto Translation, Message Translation Learning, Messages Table (for having an overview of the translations/messages in the po file), Easy Navigation and Editing of translation messages & comments of the translation where accurate. It has got really very much to offer therefore you should simply test it and be happy with it!
- Highly customizable syntax highlighting (colorschemes are in xml and very easy to write).
- Different views of po files are supported.
- In-GUI compiling of the po file.
- Instant, customizable spell checking (ispell-based).
- Advanced history/recent files menu with project name & version -- not only the filename like other apps do it.
- Very comfortable header editing with selection boxes and automatical change of the other fields corresponding to your current selection.
- Opening of compiled (.gmo/.mo) gettext po files and compressed gettext po files is directly supported (open your gnumeric.mo and edit it to make your individual translation!).
- Navigation within untranslated/fuzzy messages.
- Update functionality with the help of xml-i18n-tools/gnu-i18n-tools.
- Query capability to search for already made translations in the gettext domains.
- Autoaccomplishment of found translations from the default query domain.
- Autofilling of po file headers with the entries from the preferences (never edit header comments again).
- Full D'n'D support and session awareness, therefore good integration into your GNOME desktop.
- Find/replace dialogs/functions.
- HTMLizer function which converts your po file into a syntactically highlighted html file to allow web-viewing of your po files.
- Old, obsolete entries can be kept if you wish to keep them.
- Status indiciation through status bar and progress bar.
- Docbook- & Scrollkeeper-enabled help which does also appear in the Nautilus help sidebar.
- URI support for all cases; opening of remote URL's is also supported.
- Signal handling which makes it possible to rescue po files which couldn't be saved due to a crash/interrupting/etc. in gtranslator -- loose less work with gtranslator!
- UTF-8 po files editing (in versions >= 0.39).
- List view for message which is very comfortable and sortable (it's based upon ETable/ETree from GAL).
- Personal learn buffer to support auto accomplishment with personal/learned translations from an UMTF file.
- Very comfortable messages table with colored, grouped display of the messages: group headers also show up the resting messages count.
- Useful undo for deletion, insertion.
- Importing from/converting to UTF-8 is possible from the GUI.
- Direct taking over the msgid as the msgstr.
- Enhanced learn buffer techniques added ("fuzzy" matching routines with a grade of voodoo).
- Messages table popup menu with translation look up for untranslated and fuzzy messages with the possibility to insert/take over the found the translation found in the learn buffer.
- pozilla !!!
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.90.7
- Relicense some files as GPLv3+
- Don't normalize translations stored in the translation memory (Neil Roberts)