The project is meant to be easy to use and powerful at the same time. Although the initial focus is on software translation (localisation or l10n), we definitely intend it to be useful for several purposes.
Here are some key features of "Virtaal":
· Good looking
· Optimise for the most frequent use cases
· No necessity for mouse
· The most important information must be visible by default
· Only relevant (actional) widgets should be shown
· Maximum functionality without setup
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for many localisation formats: Gettext .po and .mo, XLIFF, TMX, TBX, WordFast TM, Qt .ts and .qph.
· Autocorrect and Autocomplete
· Syntax highlighting and display of comments and context
· Searching with regular expressions and Unicode normalisation
· Spell checker for the translation and original text