z80ex is a portable ZiLOG Z80 CPU emulator designed as a library.
Goals include precise opcode emulation (documented and undocumented), exact timings for each opcode (including I/O operations), and simultaneous operation of several virtual CPUs.
Building and installation (*):
for build using GNU C (GCC - unix, mingw/cygwin - Win32, DJGPP - DOS(**)),
type 'gmake'. static and shared libraries will appear in "./lib".
also you may do "gmake static" for building only static library,
or "gmake shared" for only shared library.
after successful build, issue "gmake install" as superuser.
default install prefix is /usr/local, which can be changed in Makefile.
support for non-GNU build methods is'nt included at the moment,
feel free to contribute :)
when building with DJGPP, use "gmake static" -- DOS does'nt support
include < z80ex.h > in your sources,
and link with "libz80ex" (-lz80ex).
no API documentation written yet, see comments in "z80ex.h".
Here are some key features of "z80ex":
· precise opcode emulation (documented & undocumented)
· exact timings for each opcode (including I/O operations)
· full support for all interrupt modes
· allows simultaneous operation of several virtual CPUs
· written in pure ANSI C
· compiles as a library, which may be used via simple callback-based API
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· ability to fetch z80ex version info at runtime
· makefile fixes and cleanups, OS X support
· versioning scheme changed