tcpdump is a handy little library which provides a packet filtering mechanism based on the BSD packet filter (BPF).
Most notably, tcpdump needs this to work, and there is also a perl module (still in beta) which can use this as well. In plain english, if you want to write your own network traffic analyzer, this is the place to start.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add support for Bluetooth Sniffing
· Add support for Realtek Remote Control Protocol (openrrcp.org.ru)
· Add support for 802.11 AVS
· Add support for SMB over TCP
· Add support for 4 byte BGP AS printing
· Add support for compiling on case-insensitive file systems
· Add support for ikev2 printing
· Update support for decoding AFS
· Update DHCPv6 printer
· Use newer libpcap API's (allows -B option on all platforms)
· Add -I to turn on monitor mode
· Bugfixes in lldp, lspping, dccp, ESP, NFS printers
· Cleanup unused files and various cruft