scikit-rf is an object-oriented approach to RF/Microwave engineering implemented in the Python programming language.
scikit-rf provides a general set of objects and features which can be used to construct solutions to specific problems.
Here are some key features of "scikit-rf":
· load touchstone (.s2p, s?p) files for data processing
· provides basic algebraic operations on networks' scattering parameters
· connect n-port networks
· de-embed 2-port networks
· plot network's scattering parameter data (dB, Phase (unwrapped), Smith chart)
· save plots in vector format for publication (a feature of matplotlib)
· 1-port calibration, given any number of standards (least squares)
· 2-port calibration with support for switch-terms.
· can be used with pyvisa for instrument control of some VNA's ( partial support for HP8510, HP8720, and R&S ZVA40 )
· circuit design
· provide basic TEM transmission line models, and some non-TEM transmission lines