redtamarin is a free and open-source utility based on the Tamarin project (eg. the Flash Player Virtual Machine) that allows to run AS3 code on the command-line.
However, since Tamarin only support the AS3 builtins (Object, Array, etc.), redtamarin added numerous native functionalities, so you can test if your program run under Windows or Linux, or read/write files, or send data with sockets, etc.
In other words, if Adobe AIR allows you to build desktop executable with a GUI, redtamarin will allow you to build desktop/server executable with a CLI.
redtamarin is a cross-platform program and it works on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· in toplevel modified the getClassByName() signature to public function getClassByName( name:String, domain:Domain = null ):Class
· moved most of flash.utils.* from avmglue into toplevel.abc
· removed System.profile initialization in anonymous package
· System.profile is lazy inited now
· System.OperatingSystem, now _parseLinuxReleaseFile has a try/catch fix issue 44 and 46
· added pathSeparator in FileSystem
· now the Domain class use avmplus.FileSystem fix issue 38
· added getErrno()/setErrno() functions in C.errno.*
· added getter/setter receiveTimeout in avmplus.Socket see issue 47
· added getter/setter sendTimeout in avmplus.Socket see issue 47
· added property readableTimeout in avmplus.Socket see issue 47
· added property writableTimeout in avmplus.Socket see issue 47
· added blocking getter/setter in avmplus.Socket
· added constants to C.errno EWOULDBLOCK, EINPROGRESS, EALREADY, EDESTADDRREQ, EMSGSIZE, EPROTOTYPE, ENOPROTOOPT, EADDRINUSE, EADDRNOTAVAIL, ELOOP, EHOSTDOWN, EHOSTUNREACH
· now we send the correct socket error message under WIN32
· added static version property in Socket under WIN32 returns "Winsock 2.2" or "Winsock 2.1", etc. under OSX/Linux returns "Berkeley sockets"
· added a static isSupported() method in Socket return flase in very special cases (eg. a very old version of Windows who could not initialize winsock for ex)
· added static method getErrorMessage() to Socket to returns the correct message string from a socket error
· now use a pre-compiled asc.jar for the time being later when we will be able to sync with tamarin-redux then we should be able to build ASC from sources again
· added the interface StandardStream in avmplus
· added the hack_sys namespace
· added stderrWrite( bytes:ByteArray ):void in System
· moved getStdinLength(), stdinRead(), stdinReadAll(), stdoutWrite(), stderrWrite() under the namespace hack_sys
· added implementation of StandardStreamOut, StandardStreamErr and StandardStreamIn
· added stdout, stderr, stdin properties in avmplus.System
· added NONBLOCKING_ENABLE, NONBLOCKING_DISABLE in C.stdio
· added O_TEXT, O_BINARY in C.stdio
· added kbhit() in C.stdio to know when keyboard hit
· added con_stream_mode() in C.stdio to change console to non-blocking or blocking mode
· added con_trans_mode() in C.stdio to change console to binary or text mode
· updated getRedtamarinVersion() in avmplus.System to "0.3.2"