pyuv is a Python module which provides an interface to libuv.
libuv is a high performance asynchronous networking library, used as the platform layer for NodeJS.
libuv is written and maintained by Joyent Inc. and contributors. It’s built on top of libev and libeio on Unix and IOCP on Windows systems providing a consistent API on top of them.
Here are some key features of "pyuv":
· Non-blocking TCP sockets
· Non-blocking named pipes
· UDP support
· Child process spawning
· Asynchronous DNS (gethostbyname, getaddrbyname, getnameinfo, getaddrinfo)
· Asynchronous file system APIs
· High resolution time
· Thread pool scheduling
· ANSI escape code controlled TTY
· File system events (initify style)
· IPC and TCP socket sharing between processes