pypp is a Python preprocessor based on the Mako template engine.
Just insert the following import statement in your project:
At the point where the import is done (ie. from an interpreter executing your project's code point of view), any module file with the following directive:
will be preprocessed through the template engine and a resulting module file (with the added extension .pypp) will be created and loaded in the interpreter.
The package can be installed with easy_install :
Here are some key features of "pypp":
· Ease of use: just one import statement
· Speed: once compilation is done, no runtime overhead
· Based on the Mako template engine
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added 'freshness' check in order to save recompiles
· Removed debug print statements