pyXSD project is a free, open source python program that maps xml and xsd(XML Schema) files into python, allowing for easy schema-based validation and transformation of xml files.
· Allows for easy, non-DOM, access to XML and XML Schema from Python
· Minimizes time to make small programs associated with data in an xml file using "transforms"
· Highly adaptable to particular needs and to specific programs
· It's free!
· Platform independent
Here are some key features of "pyXSD":
- Transforms allow users to easily adapt pyXSD to vast number of applications
- Provides a framework and libraries to write transform so the user can more easily write these transform functions
- Allows the user to specify the desired transform classes with arguments and the order in a file so the user can create a sort of custom tool
- Allows for transforms that can export to other formats, giving pyXSD powerful flexibility
- The pythonic data tree format uses a very simple structure that allows for an easily understood API, so that users can easily manipulate this tree in transforms and use the writer in other programs
- Can be used as a standalone program at the command line or as a library in other programs
- Uses the cElementTree library for fast reading of the xml and xsd files
- Python 2.3 or later
- ElementTree library, preferably with the c implementation