We're using SWIG to create the Python wrapper. Perl support has been discontinued for the time being.
TCL, Guile, and Java support should not be that hard to add (this is left as an exercise for the reader).
There are two packages in this project: pyFLTK and pyFLTK2. They wrap FLTK (version 1.1) and FLTK2, respectively. While FLTK and with it pyFLTK is quite stable, FLTK2 is still a moving target and rather instable. The package pyFLTK2 is therefore a proof of concept, rather than a fully working Python extension.
A utility named flconvert is also provided that allows for the conversion of fluid files to Python code. fluid is an interactve GUI builder for the FLTK toolkit and comes with the distribution of FLTK.
Here are some key features of "pyFLTK":
· Cross platform GUI toolkit (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac, ...)
· Easily deployable using py2exe.
· Small footprint as compared to other toolkits.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed changed interfaces for swig 1.3.39, these changes are not compatible with older versions.
· Fixes for OSX compilation, courtesy of Aaron R.
· Fixed bug #2692286.
· Fixed bug #2327070