py-ewave is a module that offers pure Python support for writing and reading extended WAVE formats.
This library was created because the wave module in Python’s standard library is old and it does not support a number of useful encodings and formats, especially IEEE floats.
To install the py-ewave module, run python setup.py install in the source directory, or easy_install ewave.
Here are some key features of "py-ewave":
· Floating point formats
· Extensible formats (> 2 channels, larger bit depths)
· Read and write using memory mapping for simple, speedy access to large files
· Read directly to numpy arrays
· Data appended to existing files in read/write modes can be immediately accessed
· Rescaling of data for different encodings and bit depths
· Supports Python context managers for cleaner resource semantics