pdfminer3k is a port of pdfminer written in Python 3.
PDFMiner is a tool for extracting information from PDF documents. Unlike other PDF-related tools, it focuses entirely on getting and analyzing text data.
PDFMiner allows to obtain the exact location of texts in a page, as well as other information such as fonts or lines. It includes a PDF converter that can transform PDF files into other text formats (such as HTML). It has an extensible PDF parser that can be used for other purposes instead of text analysis.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added pdfexplore, a tool to debug PDFs by exploring their data.
· Don't try to group textboxes when there's too many (it takes too long).
· Support object references as filters in streams.
· Parse every object as soon as an objectid can't be found.
· Improved the STRICT-based error handling idiom.