nagios.responsetime is a Nagios plugin that collects response times from logs.
Usage: check_responsetime --logfile /path/to/logfile
The plugin remembers the timestamp of the latest log entry it has seen on each run, and on the next run only considers log entries that are more recent.
The supported log format is as follows:
< timestamp > "< http-verb > < path > < http-version >" < responsetime >
- timestamp: %d/%b/%Y:%H:%M:%S %z
- http-verb: GET, POST
- path: the requested URL path
- http-version: e.g. HTTP/1.1
- responsetime in seconds, e. g. 0.5
17/May/2011:14:11:18 +0200 "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1" 0.289
An example configuration for the nginx server looks like this:
log_format timing '$time_local "$request" $upstream_response_time';
access_log /path/to/timing.log timing;
- Explicitly declare our dependency on nagiosplugin < 0.5
- Fix API incompatibility in test suite.