libssh2 library implements the SSH2 protocol as defined by Internet Drafts: SECSH-TRANS, SECSH-USERAUTH, SECSH-CONNECTION, SECSH-ARCH, SECSH-FILEXFER, SECSH-DHGEX, SECSH-NUMBERS, and SECSH-PUBLICKEY.
Here are some key features of "libssh2":
· Key Exchange Methods: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1, diffie-hellman-group14-sha1, diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1**
· Hostkey Types: ssh-rsa, ssh-dss
· Ciphers: aes256-cbc (firstname.lastname@example.org), aes192-cbc, aes128-cbc, 3des-cbc, blowfish-cbc, cast128-cbc, arcfour, none**
· Compression Schemes: zlib, none
· MAC hashes: hmac-sha1, hmac-sha1-96, hmac-md5, hmac-md5-96, hmac-ripemd160 (email@example.com), none**
· ** - Affected by build time ./configure options. See INSTALL file for more information.
· Authentication: none, password, public-key, hostbased, keyboard-interactive
· Channels: shell, exec (incl. SCP wrapper), direct-tcpip, subsystem
· Global Requests: tcpip-forward
· Channel Requests: x11, pty
· Subsystems: sftp(version 3), publickey(version 2)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· At least 18 documented bug fixes were made. The most notorious perhaps was the bug that occurred when trying to send large buffers to the sftp send function.