libquantum is a C library for the simulation of a quantum computer. libquantum provides an interface for a quantum register and for all important quantum operations.
An efficient model for decoherence allows an analysis of quantum computation in a realistic environment.
Here are some key features of "libquantum":
· Simulation of arbitrary quantum algorithms is possible
· High perfomance and low memory consumption
· Decoherence support for realistic quantum computation
· Interface for quantum error correction (QEC)
· Supports the density operator formalism
· Implementations of Shor's factoring algorithm and Grover's search algorithm are included
· libquantum is available as Free Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). See the file COPYING for further details.
· GNU/Linux (This is the main development platform)
· HP Tru64 UNIX
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This new version features three different methods for the calculation of ground states of arbitrary quantum systems.
· Further improvements include better memory usage and increased performance, including support for parallel computing.