liborphy project is an orphy hardware's data acquisition library for GNU/Linux.
Orphy GTS is a data acquisition hardware from Micrelec that is used in many french high schools.
It's basically a box with analog and digital inputs/output channels, linked to the computer with a serial port. It's mainly used in Physics experimental manipulation, for instance to mesure the tension during a capacitor charging and discharging in a self (electric oscillations).
liborphy is a library that provides functions for easy access to an Orphy (currently, only Orphy GTS model) hardware. It is written in C and distributed under the terms of the GNU LGPL license.
Here are some key features of "liborphy":
· full dialog with OrphyGTS (all commands can be sent)
· functions for doing acquisition on one or more analogic input channels simultaneously easily
· OrphyGTS Text mode and Quick mode are supported
What's New in This Release:
· new OGTS_StopEA function: stops a running acquisition launched using OGTS_StartEA
· simulation mode: simulates an Orphy device for testing purpose
· packaging: now creates a 'orphy.pc' pkg-config file and uses automake1.6
· timing fix in OGTS_StartEA (time between two acquisitions)