libgdata is a GLib-based library for accessing online service APIs using the GData protocol --- most notably, Google's services. libgdata provides APIs to access the common Google services, and has full asynchronous support.
See the test programs in gdata/tests/ for simple examples of how to use the
libgdata's API is currently unstable and is likely to change wildly.
The simplest way to compile this package is:
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `./configure' to configure the package for your system. If you're using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute `configure' itself.
Running `configure' takes awhile. While running, it prints some messages telling which features it is checking for.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Optionally, type `make check' to run any self-tests that come with the package.
4. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation.
5. You can remove the program binaries and object files from the source code directory by typing `make clean'. To also remove the files that `configure' created (so you can compile the package for a different kind of computer), type `make distclean'. There is also a `make maintainer-clean' target, but that is intended mainly for the package's developers. If you use it, you may have to get all sorts of other programs in order to regenerate files that came with the distribution.
· gio-2.0 >= 2.17.3
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add support for Google Drawings
· Fix some of the test suite
· Add support for copying Google documents
· Moved GOA authoriser from EDS/GNOME Documents into libgdata (adding a GOA dependency)
· Remove libgnome-keyring dependency in favour of libgcr-base
· Added GDataDocumentsDrawing
· Added gdata_documents_service_copy_document(), gdata_documents_service_copy_document_async(), gdata_documents_service_copy_document_finish()
· Added GDataGoaAuthorizer
· Added gdata_documents_document_get_download_uri()
· Bug 633548 — Add Google Drawings support
· Bug 679072 — Tests for all Google services fail
· Bug 607270 — Support copying documents
· Bug 656976 — Merge eds and GNOME Documents GOA authorisers
· Bug 679867 — Use libgcr-base instead of libgnome-keyring for secure memory
· Bug 656970 — Add thumbnail support
· be (Ihar Hrachyshka)
· bg (Alexander Shopov)
· el (Γιώργος Στεφανάκης, Tom Tryfonidis)
· en_GB (Philip Withnall)
· es (Daniel Mustieles)
· gl (Fran Dieguez)
· he (Yaron Shahrabani)
· id (Andika Triwidada)
· nb (Kjartan Maraas)
· nl (Willem Heppe, Wouter Bolsterlee)
· sl (Matej Urbančič)
· sr (Мирослав Николић)
· te (Sasi Bhushan Boddepalli)
· zh_HK (Chao-Hsiung Liao)
· zh_TW (Chao-Hsiung Liao)