libdrizzle is the the client and protocol library for the Drizzle project. The server, drizzled, will use this as for the protocol library, as well as the client utilities and any new projects that require low-level protocol communication (like proxies). Other language interfaces (PHP extensions, SWIG, ...) should be built off of this interface.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
This is mostly a bug fix release with several important changes:
· Non-blocking Windows connections are now more stable
· Improvements to Windows building
· Unix Socket connections are now more stable
· Memory allocation/freeing has been greatly improved
· Network packet buffer now much more flexible
· Many performance improvements (bundled drizzle_binlogs tool is now around 10x faster on my i7 laptop)
· drizzle_query_str() has been removed, drizzle_query() with a 0 byte length parameter now does the same thing.