libdaemon is a lightweight C library that eases the writing of UNIX daemons. libdaemon consists of the following parts:
· A wrapper around fork() which does the correct daemonization procedure of a process
· A wrapper around syslog() for simpler and compatible log output to Syslog or STDERR
· An API for writing PID files
· An API for serializing UNIX signals into a pipe for usage with select() or poll()
· An API for running subprocesses with STDOUT and STDERR redirected to syslog.
· APIs like these are used in most daemon software available. It is not that simple to get it done right and code duplication is not a goal.
libdaemon is currently used by ifplugd, Avahi, ivam2, Nautilus-Share and aeswepd.
As this package is made with the GNU autotools you should run ./configure inside the distribution directory for configuring the source tree. After that you should run make for compilation and make install (as root) for installation of libdaemon.
Please use gmake instead of traditional make for compilation on non-Linux systems.
What's New in This Release:
· This release makes daemon_close_all() actually work properly.