libcfgparse is a set of routines (a library) that provides simple access to data stored in configuration files. libcfgparse's configuration files are stored in a syntax which is somewhat similar to the C programming languages.
People that are used to the concept of variable types, records (structs) and lists (arrays) should feel instantly comfortable with the syntax. Its aim is to make it as simple and convenient as possible to access data from configuration files, while maintaining highmost flexibility with respect to how the data should be organized.
As its main advantage over other libraries, it allows to store the data in a structured way, as lists and records (very much as if you would store them in a C struct, for example). Thanks to this, it is possible to group variables together and handle them consistently.
Here are some key features of "libcfgparse":
· Convenient file syntax, similar to C
· built-in variable types: string, boolean, integer and floatingpoint
· nested lists and records of these types
· Pre-definitions of types possible
· Allow Declaration of default values
· Allows for strict type-checking
· C, C++ and Python API
· Use a memory buffer as parser input -- no file required!
· (Preliminary) Documentation
What's New in This Release:
· The configuration file parser has been heavily reworked.
· This allows users to define complex nested lists and record structures, and to pre-declare values for simple variable types.