keas.build is a set of tools for managing multi-package software deployments with buildout.
Manage large multi-package projects with ease
keas.build is a command line tool for quickly creating new eggs and buildout configurations for an application that has multiple interdependant packages. As an example, consider a web application that helps you manage your twitter followers, called Twollo (short for twitter followers), you may have several different python packages which handle different aspects of your application:
- twollo.integration - a package for managing integration with twitter
- twollo.web - a web front end for the twollo.integration package
- twollo.rest - a rest API for working with twollo.integration
- twollo.utils - a package filled with random utilities and stuff.
Using keas.build you will be able to manage the lifecycle of these python packages and any number of deployment configurations coherently. Specifically, keas.build will:
- Allow you to define a Project, which is a collection of interdependent eggs that generally get released together.
- Automatically create new egg releases of each package when necessary.
- Upload new eggs to a private egg repository.
- Generate versioned buildout configuration files that combine the eggs properly.
- Upload the buildout configuration files to a private configuration server.
- Upload dependent buildout configuration files to a private configuration server (by checking the extends= chain)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improvement: add current-datetime, current-date, current-time variables