jPDFProcess is a Java-based PDF processing library.
jPDFProcess is a Java library to work with PDF documents that can be used to deliver customized PDF content to your users or to process and manipulate incoming PDF content. The library has a simple interface to work with PDF documents and is designed to be integrated easily and seamlessly into your PDF document workflow.
jPDFProcess provides the functionality found in many of our other libraries, including working with form fields, printing, creating and assembling documents, setting permissions and security, extracting text and more.
The library can work with PDF documents from files, URLs and input streams and can save documents to files and output streams, so it can serve documents from a J2EE application directly to a client browser without any temporary files.
jPDFProcess is platform independent, so it can be used in any environment that supports Java, including Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
Here are some key features of "jPDFProcess":
· Create new PDF documents or work with existing PDF documents
· Split and merge documents, remove and add pages
· Draw onto existing or new pages
· Encrypt and protect your documents
· Export pages as images
· Extract Text Content
· Create PDF layers and draw onto them
· Print PDF documents
· Import, export and fill interactive form data
· Written entirely in Java - allows your application to remain platform independent
· Tested on JDK 1.4.2 and above. (JDK 1.3.1 version available on request)
· The evaluation library will mark processed documents with a watermark and is limited to a maximum of 10 pages per document.