freesteam is an open source implementation of international-standard steam tables from the International Association for the Properties of Water and Steam (IAPWS).
freesteam lets you compute water and steam properties for a wide range of pressures and temperatures: you can specify the state of the steam in terms of a variety of combinations of 'known' properties, then freesteam will solve and allow you to query to find the values of the 'unknown' properties.
IAPWS-IF97 Industrial formulation (high speed, but complex code)
IAPWS-95 Scientific formulation (low speed, but simple code)
A plug-in to allow freesteam to be used from the EMSO simulation package has been developed; stay tuned for more of these plug-ins.
If you find freesteam useful, or you have some comments, or you think you might be able to help with its development, please contact us.
· CppUnit 10.0.2 (optional)
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed errors in the conductivity correlation.
· Some methods in steamcalculator.h have had their parameters changed.
· Fixed incorrect interpolation of densities in the saturation region.
· Added ASCEND model to calculate moist air properties.
· Added support for a 'freesteam-config' program.
· Added 'mW/mK' to measurement.cpp for conductivity values.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a complete rewrite of freesteam in the C language, for faster, smaller binaries and better compatibility for accessing the DLL/SO from different C++ compilers.