extproc_perl allows you to write Oracle stored procedures in Perl. Whether you're looking to accomplish something that's easier to program in Perl, or you're just more comfortable programming in Perl, read on to see if extproc_perl will work for you and your Oracle database.
Here are some key features of "extproc perl":
· Per-session interpreter persistence with one-time compilation
· Compatible with most Perl modules
· Store code on the file system or in the database
· Use DBI to query or update the database from your code
· Perl's taint mode security catches dangerous situations at runtime
· Automatic datatype conversion between Oracle and Perl
· Supports IN, IN OUT, and OUT parameter modes
What's New in This Release:
· This release adds a comprehensive test suite and a new specification parser using Parse::RecDescent, and no longer requires relinking for new stored procedures.