eGenix mxODBC Zope DA provides a professional quality ODBC interface which allows you to easily connect to ODBC data sources you have configured on your system via the Windows ODBC Manager on Windows NT/2000/XP/98 or iODBC/unixODBC on Unix platforms.
This package includes everything you need to connect to ODBC data sources from Zope. The software is brought to you by eGenix.com and is covered by the eGenix.com Commercial License.
Please see the web-site at http://www.egenix.com/ for details how to license the package.
Here are some key features of "eGenix mxODBC Zope DA":
· Zope Level 3 Database Adapter: the mxODBC Zope DA is fully multi-threaded and can handle multiple connections to multiple databases.
· Fully compatible to standard Z SQL Methods.
· Connection Pooling: physical database connections are pooled and kept open, to reduce the connection overhead to a minimum. This is especially important for high latency database connections and ones like Oracle which take a considerable amount of time to setup
· Parallel Execution of Queries on a single logical connection: the mxODBC Zope DA can manage any number of physical connections on a single logical connection. This enables running truly parallel Z SQL Method queries -- a feature not available in other Zope DAs.
· Zero Maintenance Mode of Operation: connections which are having temporary network problems are automatically reconnected as they become available again.
· # Full Unicode Support: The Zope DA can communicate with the database using Unicode, 8-bit strings or a mix of the two. It provides automatic conversion as necessary to make it possible to adapt the database or the Zope application to the required needs.
· # Full 64-bit Support: The underlying mxODBC 3.1 library fully supports 64-bit platforms such as Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 64-bit Linux systems that use iODBC or unixODBC.
· # Compatible with all recent Zope and Python releases: Support for Zope 2.10 and later, Python 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6. If you need support for older Zope releases, please use version 1.0.10 of our mxODBC Zope DA.
· # Compatible with Plone 3.2 and later: The zc.buildout compatible installation process allows easy integration with your existing Plone 3.2+ installations.
· Cross-platform Connection Objects: The Zope DA will automatically choose the right platform specific ODBC manager for you.
· Per Connection Adjustable ODBC Interface: mxODBC comes with many different subpackages to choose from on Unix. The Zope DA allows you to select these subpackages on a per-connection basis.
· Per Connection Error Handling: you can tell each connection whether it should report ODBC warnings or not; furthermore all warnings and errors are made available as list .messages on the DatabaseConnection object.
· Transaction-safe Automatic Reconnect: when the DA finds that a connection has timed out, it automatically tries a reconnect and replays the transaction on the connection (unlike other DAs which break the transaction scheme by doing a reconnect without replay).
· Built-in Schema Cache: this results in improved performance under heavy load.
· Database Schema Access: all ODBC catalog methods are made available for much better database schema inquiry. The catalog methods allow building generic database interrogation or manipulation tools and facilitates writing database independent Zope products.
· # Native Support for Python data types: the Zope DA can optionally use Python datetime object, decimal objects in result sets to simplify integration. It also supports Zope's DateTime objects, mxDateTime objects, strings and tuples.
· Lazy Connect: the mxODBC Zope DA only connects to the database backends when a connection is actually requested. This results in a better use of resources compared to other Zope DAs.
· Fully compatible to the popular Znolk SQL Wizard Product and other similar products relying on the common database schema access methods .tables() and .columns().
· 30-day evaluation period in which you can test the package without any restrictions