A Django application that eases the translation process of your Django projects
Because it doesn't export any models, Rosetta doesn't create any tables in your project's database. Rosetta can be installed and uninstalled by simply adding and removing a single entry in your project's INSTALLED_APPS and a single line in your main urls.py file.
Note: Point releases are thoroughly tested, but you are safe (and strongly encouraged) to use the development version right off the SVN trunk.
To install Rosetta:
1. Download the application and place the rosetta folder anywhere in your Python path (your project directory is fine, but anywhere else in your python path will do)
2. Add a 'rosetta' line to the INSTALLED_APPS in your project's settings.py
3. Add an URL entry to your project's urls.py, for example:
from django.conf import settings
if 'rosetta' in settings.INSTALLED_APPS:
urlpatterns += patterns('',
Note: you can use whatever you wish as the URL prefix.
To uninstall Rosetta:
1. Comment out or remove the 'rosetta' line in your INSTALLED_APPS
2. Comment out or remove the url inclusion
- Database independent
- Reads and writes your project's gettext catalogs (po and mo files)
- Installed and uninstalled in under a minute
- Uses Django's admin interface CSS
- Translation suggestions via Google AJAX Language API