deimos project consists of some platform independent libraries.
The deimos project provides some platform independent libraries which contain a reference memory allocator (garbage collector planned), virtual filesystem (Unix sockets, HTTP, etc), configfile management, and a clean build system (easy makefiles).
These libs are used by DDS (Digital Disco System - mp3 player), vmOberon (oberon virtual machine), and ODMS (open document management system).
deimos has some simpl programming principles:
- dont make the packages not too big. one package for each job.
- simplicity. clear interfaces. each package has an front- and an back-interface. better think twice before starting to program anything.
- high abstraction. i.e the core libs are the one and only stuff which has to care about system specifics.
currently these packages are available:
current implementations: linux + glibc (may work on other unices too, but not tested)
* simple and clear build system (have a look the makefiles)
* Memory Manager (reference counting, type checking, ...)
* Virtual Filesystem (currently supports: local unix, http)
* ConfigFile (manages config files, goes over the VFS)
an very simple template for writing applications with the deimos make system.
some applications demonstrating how to use the deimos (mostly core).
the oberon subsystem. provides an virtual machine an kernel modules