dclib is the library that powers the Valknut program.
The Valknut project is a peer-2-peer file-sharing program (similar to Kazaa, Soulseek or eDonkey) that uses the Direct Connect protocol.
It is compatible with other DC clients, such as the original DC from Neomodus, and DC.
Here are some key features of "dclib":
· open source
· multiplatform (Linux,Win32,OSX ...)
· multihub connections
· multihub search
· multi-/chunkdownload (download one file from multiple sources at the same time)
· firewall support
· favorite hub list
· online translator
· load/save search results
· autosearch new sources
· socks support for linux (http://www.inet.no/dante/)
· proxy support for hublists
· support bz2 share lists
· support xml share lists
· support ssl transfers
· support ssl hub connections (e.g. hub use sslproxy)
· support secure chat (not secure against "Man In The Middle Attack")
· chat emoticons
· tiger tree hash (TTH) support
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Capturing the source IP address of search results received over UDP.
· Hub address is sent within the first bytes sent out over a peer connection, to help identify hubs using the people in them for launching distributed denial of service attacks.
· Transfer wait list changes, fixing entries never being removed from the list after sending a ConnectToMe never establishing any connection.
· Also earlier changes to make matching in the list more precise, filling in the empty nick or IP and then later using both.