cx_PyOracleLib is a project that contains a number of Python modules that are used by a number of projects, in particular the cx_OracleTools project, and as such they are handled independently, rather than bundled with a distribution of the dependent project.
It is released under a free software license, see LICENSE.txt for more details.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Use exception classes rather than string exceptions everywhere.
· Added support for specifying "as sysdba" and "as sysoper" in the connection string and set the necessary privileges when connecting.
· Added support for getting constant representations for binary data, CLOB and BLOB values.
· Added support for Oracle context objects.
· Fixed support for interval data types.
· In cx_OracleParser, added a simple SQL parser and used that to replace the module cx_SQL.
· In cx_OracleParser, added support for additional SQL statements or options on existing statements.
· In cx_OracleObject, constraints on objects that have been dropped are now ignored.
· In cx_OracleObject, trailing lines are no longer stripped from the source that is returned from dba_source as wrapped code sometimes requires the blank line in Oracle 10g as reported by Robert Ritchie.
· In cx_OracleObject, added support for option --name-file which is the same as --name except that the names are listed in the specified file, one per line; roles can also be included if the names refer to roles.
· In cx_OracleObject, always set the owner when an object is exported so that referenced constraints are prefixed with connect statements as needed.
· In cx_OracleObject, added support when describing views to include the column names in the SQL for the view.
· In cx_OracleObject, added support for domain indexes. 14) In cx_OracleObject, added support for Oracle 11.2.
· In cx_OracleObject, added support for using flashback queries when performing describes, either by timestamp or by SCN.
· In cx_OracleEx, added method for getting the current date from the database.
· In cx_OracleEx, added methods for performing simple insert, update and delete statements based on the data passed into those methods.
· In cx_OracleEx, show the number of rows successfully processed before an error occurs as requested by Gordon den Otter.
· In cx_OracleEx, added method that can be used as an output type handler for cx_Oracle that returns all strings as Unicode strings.
· Added module cx_PatchCommands which enables the use of the simple SQL parser for processing SQL statements and reporting more useful information than is reported by SQL*Plus.
· Dropped module cx_RecordSet which has been replaced by more advanced code in the ceDatabase module in the cx_PyGenLib project.
· Dropped module cx_CursorCache which is not used and only contained a few lines of code anyway.