celery-haystack is a Django app that allows you to utilize Celery for automatically updating and deleting objects in a Haystack search index.
Use your favorite Python package manager to install the app from PyPI:
pip install celery-haystack
- Add 'celery_haystack' to INSTALLED_APPS.
- Alter all of your SearchIndex subclasses to inherit from celery_haystack.indexes.CelerySearchIndex (as well as haystack.indexes.Indexable).
- Ensure your Celery instance is running.
This app is a blatant rip-off of Daniel Lindsley's queued_search app but uses Ask Solem Hoel's Celery instead of the equally awesome queues library by Matt Croyden.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support for Haystack 1.2.X.
· Properly stop indexing if instance couldn't be found.
· Forced Celery task config values to be of the correct type.