babble.server is a messaging service for Zope2 based systems.
It's the chat server for babble.client, an instant messaging client for Plone, but it doesn't have any dependencies on Plone or babble.client and is designed to be usable as a backend, independent of any frontend.
Here are some key features of "babble.server":
· User accounts: users must be registered for the chat service
· Security: most messaging actions requires the user to authenticate
· User status support: users can set their status, such as 'busy', 'chatty' or 'invisible'.
· Web service: all public API methods return JSON strings.
· 100% test coverage.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Various changes to minize write conflicts. [jcbrand]