ZODB browser is a project that allows you to inspect persistent objects stored in the ZODB, view their attributes and historical changes made to them.
Usage as a plugin
Add zodbbrowser to the list of eggs (e.g. in buildout.cfg of your app) and add this to your site.zcml:
< include package="zodbbrowser" / >
Restart Zope and append @@zodbbrowser to the end of the URL to start browsing, e.g. http://localhost:8080/@@zodbbrowser. Or, if you still use ZMI (the Zope Management Interface), look for a new menu item titled "ZODB Browser".
Usage as a standalone project
Install all the dependencies into the source tree with zc.buildout:
Run bin/zodbbrowser specifying either a filename or a ZEO address
bin/zodbbrowser --zeo localhost:9080
bin/zodbbrowser --zeo /path/to/zeosock
Open http://localhost:8070 in a web browser. Note that there are no access controls; all other users on the local machine will be able to access the database contents.
Or you could use easy_install, if you're not afraid of cluttering your Python installation with extra packages:
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· IMPORTANT BUGFIX: don't leave old object states lying around in ZODB object cache, which could lead to DATA LOSS (LP#487243 strikes again, this time for OrderedContainers).
· I've audited the code and am fairly confident this bug is now dead dead dead.
· Try to discard data modifications when the DB is opened read-only.
· Avoid deprecated zope.testing.doctest.
· Avoid zope.app.securitypolicy; use zope.securitypolicy.