This package is intended to be used by any project that needs these files.
It intentionally does not provide any extra code except some metadata nor has any extra requirements except the minimal support code in the XStatic base package.
You can find more info about the xstatic packaging way in the package XStatic.
Here are some key features of "XStatic-jQuery-File-Upload":
Multiple file upload:
· Allows to select multiple files at once and upload them simultaneously.
Drag & Drop support:
· Allows to upload files by dragging them from your desktop or filemanager and dropping them on your browser window.
Upload progress bar:
· Shows a progress bar indicating the upload progress for individual files and for all uploads combined.
· Individual file uploads can be canceled to stop the upload progress.
· Aborted uploads can be resumed with browsers supporting the Blob API.
· Large files can be uploaded in smaller chunks with browsers supporting the Blob API.
· A preview of image files can be displayed before uploading with browsers supporting the required HTML5 APIs.
No browser plugins (e.g. Adobe Flash) required:
Graceful fallback for legacy browsers:
· Uploads files via XMLHttpRequests if supported and uses iframes as fallback for legacy browsers.
HTML file upload form fallback:
Cross-site file uploads:
· Supports uploading files to a different domain with Cross-site XMLHttpRequests.
Multiple plugin instances:
· Allows to use multiple plugin instances on the same webpage.
Customizable and extensible:
· Provides an API to set individual options and define callBack methods for various upload events.
Multipart and file contents stream uploads:
· Files can be uploaded as standard "multipart/form-data" or file contents stream (HTTP PUT file upload).
Compatible with any server-side application platform:
· Works with Google App Engine (Python, Java), Ruby on Rails, PHP and any other platform that supports HTTP file uploads.