Visualization Library - your personal 3D visualization expert!
Visualization Library can be especially useful in the following areas:
- 3D/2D Scientific Visualization
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Visual Simulation
- Data Visualization
- Multimedia applications
- Special effects
- 3D/2D games
Visualization Library is a 3D/2D graphics middleware and not a 3D engine or a game engine, it is intended to be the base upon which such applications (among many others) can be developed.
For the latest news and updates visit www.visualizationlibrary.com.
More documentation is available on the website and in the "documentation" folder.
I hope you will find Visualization Library useful for your projects, whether you are a professional visualization expert or an hobbist.
· Boost libraries
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· OpenGLContext now exposes both leftFramebuffer() and rightFramebuffer() to more easily allow stereo rendering.
· Framebuffer can now be publicly constructed if really really needed.
· Added Qt4Widget::setRefreshRate() to adjust the FPS frequency when continuous update is active.
· More informative OpenGL environment sanity checks: OpenGLContext::isCleanState() does not stop execution on failure, tries to fix some common errors and goes on, prints a full report of the errors found also including GL driver info.
· Updated comments regarding effect and shader override in Actor, Rendering and Renderer.
· Various minor code and documentation enhancements.
· Bug: workaround for annoying NVIDIA driver bug where glGetActiveUniform() returns uniform array names with . We simply strip the  from the uniform name, issue a warning and continue.
· Bug: renderer and Rendering now stop at the first effect and shader override they find.
· Bug: fixed ArrayAbstract copy constructor crash.
· Bug: fixed issue with GL_MAX_VARYING_VECTORS check at startup with OpenGL 3.2.