Visual Perl/Tk is a GUI development solution for beginners and professionals.
· Why Perl/Tk
· Other languages/libraries
· Comparison table
· Alternative visual tools for Perl/Tk
· What beginners need
· Why experienced programmer need it
· What VPTK offers
· Features that are not supported (yet)
· We are familiar with Perl, so a new GUI environment ramp-up should not take much effort
· Perl has big advantage against other languages it requires significantly less development and debug effort
· Perl/Tk runs on all GUI-compatible platforms, so it could be used when multiple platforms compatibility is critical
· We should consider that for really big GUI projects the
· Perl interpreter limitations could become a bottleneck, but contemporary HW/SW trends make this consideration increasingly outdated
· We use Perl mostly for console or web applications development, while the GUI sector is already dominated by GTK, QT and tcl/tk, so why does Perl/Tk still remain a good alternative?