Veldfire project is a collection of C code aimed at simplifying email functionality.
The project aims to provide interfaces for sending email, attaching files, and sending to lists.
make; make install
Solaris will need to uncomment LIBS line at the top of the makefile, as well as in the librd/makefile
Veldfire is best used with a configuration file containing the most common default settings (eg from, banner, header).
Files to be attached must come last in the command line options.
Veldfire variables that can be configured are:
- configuration file
- section in config file
- custom header
- max connection
- from: Email address
- to: Email address, file containing address of string of email addresses separated by one of ;:,tn
- subject: Email subject
- host: host to connect to. Default localhost
- port: port on host. Default 25
- logfile: Where to log
- loglevel: 1 - 6
- configuration file: where to read settings from
- section: which section to use (see below)
- report: Email address to send report to (useful for mailing lists)
- header: Custom header field. Multiple instances possible
- banner: Include veldfire banner at end of email
- maxconnection: Maximum number of emails per connection
- sendtimeout: Socket write timeout
- recvtimeout: Socket read timeout
- nomessage: Don't expect a message on stdin
Configuration can be via environment variables, a configuration file or
command line switches.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version adds authorization (AUTH PLAIN LOGIN).