VFSJFileChooser is a Java Swing Component which allows you to browse both remote and local filesystems. The library is based on Apache Commons VFS library.
It supports all the protocols available in Commons VFS
· FTP, FTPS
· SFTP to access files using SSH
· SMB to browse Windows/Samba shares
· HTTP, HTTPS
What's New in This Release:
· Lots of speed : The latest version of VFSJFileChooser is too slow. The code execution have been improved at many places.
· The navigation icons are now visible all the time. No exceptions or strange issues related to the look and feel. The component use a "MetalLookAndFeel" layout but when using the system look and feel, the controls look native.
· The VFSUtils class supports the methods setFileSystemManager and setFileSystemOptions. You can set those values at anytime. When the VFSJFileChooser class is instanciated, it checks if VFSUtils has a filesystemmanager set, if not it creates one. Files are always resolved with the FileSystemOptions object in VFSUtils. Some convenience methods such as getInputStream and getOutputStream have been added in VFSUtils.
· Upgraded to commons-vfs 2.0 snapshot with patches applied for URL redirection and WebDav.
· Switched from Jakarta Slide to webdavclient4j (http://webdavclient4j.sf.net) as Jakarta Slide project is dead.
· Cleaner but incompatible API(Enums instead of int fields) : Enums are introduced for few classes which breaks the
· API. The method setFileselectionMode of VFSJFileChooser now
· accepts an Enum as parameter. The methods "showOpenDialog" and "showSaveDialog" return an Enum too.
· Sorting support : The details table has now sorting support again in the jdk5 branch. The jdk5 branch is the most up to date(patches, general improvements, etc.). The jdk5 will become the default branch to ensure code compatibility.
· The bookmarks dialog scrolling issues have been fixed. The bookmarks are still not serialized using Java Serialization. They are now stored in XML do avoid deserialization issues when the bookmarks API change.