Urwid is a curses-based user interface library.
Here are some key features of "Urwid":
· Fluid interface resizing (xterm window resizing / fbset on Linux console)
· Web application display mode using Apache and CGI [Live Demo]
· Support for 8-bit and CJK encodings
· Multiple text alignment and wrapping modes built-in
· Ability to register user-defined text alignment and wrapping modes
· Simple markup for setting text attributes
· Powerful list box that handles scrolling between different widget types
· List box contents may be managed with a user-defined class
· Flexible edit box for editing many different types of text
· Buttons, check boxes and radio boxes
· Customizable layout for all widgets
· Easy interface for creating HTML screen shots
Urwid supports the following character encodings:
· EUC-JP (JISX 0208 only)
· EUC-CN (aka CN-GB)
· EUC-TW (CNS 11643 plain 1 only)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The first focus for this release has been on improving the usability of container widgets by building a common API that works on all containers.
· This API allows reading and updating the focus, contents, and options across most containers.
· The second focus has been improving Urwid's documentation.
· Urwid's Tutorial, Manual and Reference have been converted from HTML and wiki pages to Sphinx reStructured text.
· The tutorial now covers many more aspects of the library, including common patterns and the new container API.