The ACE ORB (TAO) is a CORBA V3.0 compliant, C++ ORB (Object Request Broker).
Here are some key features of "The ACE ORB":
· Second Generation ORB with many CORBA services
· Designed for Real-time Applications
· CORBA 3.0, IIOP 1.2 Compliant
· C++ Bindings
· Open Source (Download Source Code here)
· Zero Cost Licensing
· Wide Platform Support
· Portable Architecture
· Exceptional Performance
· Highly Configurable
· Reduced memory footprint
· Hundreds of Demanding Users
· Based on the tested ACE Framework
· Extensive Training available from Object Computing, Inc.
· Available documentation and pre-built CD
· Includes an easy to use cross-platform build tool: MPC
· OCI can help you migrate from other ORBs.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version has improved support for AMI and AMH, wide characters, IPv6, and security.
· There are many interface repository bugfixes and Notification Service enhancements (monitoring and control). Further footprint reductions.
· Better control over RT CORBA dynamic thread lifetimes and thread-lane endpoints.
· Updated C++ language mapping support.
· A new ZIOP (compression) transport protocol.
· New ORB initialization options.