Skype4Py is a high-level Python wrapper for the Skype API. It is platform independent, written completely in Python and reimplements the Skype4COM's API in a pythonic way.
- Reworked release system and egg structure to follow the best practices [miohtama]
- Merged all fixed done in a fork https://github.com/stigkj/Skype4Py [miohtama]
- Use standard pkg_distribution mechanism to expose the version numebr [miohtama]
- Easy detection of what platform code Skype4Py is using currently. May be one of 'posix', 'windows' or 'darwin'.
- DBus is now a default Linux (posix) platform
- Both DBus and X11 transports have been improved to work better in GUI environments. This revealed, that a special initialization code must be executed if the X11 transport is combined with the PyGTK GUI framework and possible other similar libraries. The DBus transport on the other hand, requires enabling only a single option. That and the fact, that DBus is a newer technology created to replace such old IPC techniques like X11 messaging, forced me to make it the default transport.
- RunMainLoop option for DBus transport and Mac OS X (darwin) platform
- Fixed CHANGES syntax so tha...