SLOOPS - Simple, Light, Object Oriented Persistence System.
SLOOPS is a lightweight Object Oriented persistence system.
If you want to follow the tutorial, uncompress the distribution from command line !
It has been designed with simplicity and reliability in mind. So you should expect:
- VERY EASY AND QUICK implementation of your own datamodel. - VERY EASY retrieving of your data. - Some limitations that are negligable for 90% of cases !
It has been tested in production environment for months, so you can relie on it !
It allows to make objects persistents with just a few lines of declarative code. It supports:
- Class polymorphism.
- Scalar attributes ( can be Object ! )
- SQL Free queries !
- MySQL database ( other ones in the future ).
- Optionnal caching based on Cache::FastMemoryCache .
It doesn't support :
- nonscalar attributes. So you have to do helper objects to support n-n relations . Is it so bad ?
- transaction . That's a serious issue. Will be implemented with other database support !