RSyntaxTextArea is a syntax highlighting text component for Java Swing. It extends JTextComponent so it integrates completely with the standard javax.swing.text package. It is fast and efficient, and can be used in any application that needs to edit or view source code.
RSyntaxTextArea was originally part of the RText programmer's text editor, but is currently being made into a separate component, reusable in any Swing application.
Here are some key features of "RSyntaxTextArea":
· Syntax highlighting for over 20 programming languages
· Find/Replace with standard options (regex, match case, etc.).
· User-defined macros
· Code templates
· Unlimited undo/redo
· Drag and drop
· Edit with multiple fonts simultaneously
· Bracket matching
· Current line highlighting
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version improves syntax highlighting of Web languages (HTML, JS, PHP, and JSP), improves rendering performance, and fixes a few bugs.