PyScript project is a python module for producing high quality postscript graphics. Rather than use a GUI to draw a picture, the picture is programmed using python and the PyScript objects.
Here are some key features of "PyScript":
· All scripting is done in python, which is a high level, easy to learn, well-developed scripting language.
· All the objects can be translated, scaled, rotated, ... in fact any affine transformation.
· Plain text is automatically kerned.
· You can place arbitrary LaTeX expressions on your figures.
· You can create your own figure objects, and develop a library of figure primitives.
· Output is publication quality.
· Python 2.2.1 or greater
· Reasonably up to date LaTeX distribution (including dvips) if you want to use the TeX object