Pypubsub provides a simple way to decouple parts of a Python application:
- some parts broadcast messages within the application
- parts that are "tuned in" (subscribed) will receive the messages
- Senders and receivers have no knowledge of each other
PyPubSub is a great way to implement a Model-View-Controller architecture or any architecture that promotes decoupling of its components.
Useful features are:
* supports hierarchy of topics: listeners of parent topics get all messages from subtopics
* topic hierarchy and message data can be documented or printed out
* message data can be specified in easy to read text
* register callbacks for various pubsub events (for whenever a listener is registered, your callback gets called -- great for logging)
* register exception handler
* synchronous call of listeners
· Python 2.4 or above
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is a minor release for small improvements made (see docs/CHANGELOG.txt) based on feedback from user community. Also extended the documentation. See pubsub.sourceforge.net for installation and usage. See the examples folder for some useful examples.