PyGL3Display is a high performance, 2D, OpenGL sprite library for Python/Pygame with a simple API.
1. Near optimal performance when compared to a more involved solution.
2. Use GPU shaders as much as possible, as Python programs are much more likely to be CPU bound.
3. Clean, easy to use "normal" API, which also has an advanced mode for people who want the absolute maximum in performance and don't mind getting their hands dirty. For normal use, the API should not be any more difficult to use than Pygame.
· OpenGL 2.0 compliant system
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Enables the new cffigl OpenGL bindings on Linux if Python CFFI is installed. cffigl also has (most of a) binding on GLFW, so PyGL3Display can now be used under PyPy and without Pygame.
· Many memory leaks / GL state leaks fixed.
· The start of the compute module - some advanced shaders which can be used for special effects.