PuPU is a small framework for programming games using the Python language. It uses Pygame for most tasks and PyOpenGL for rendering. Its aimed mainly for new programmers who want to try out graphics/game programming.
PuPU has been mainly a learning project of OpenGL for me so there are likely to be lot of oddities in there.
PuPU is heavily influenced by Grim 2D API (link) and PyGL2D ( link) (thanks to pymike for the latter one).
Here are some key features of "PuPU":
· OpenGL accelerated graphics (realtime rotation, alpha blending and scaling)
· Extremely easy to use input module
· Small (and rather primitive) particle engine
· Font rendering
· File i/o for configurations and such
· Play music and sounds
· Helper functions for math