Products.Formulator is a tool to help with the creation and validation of web forms. Form fields are stored as objects in Zope 2, in a special Form folder.
You need to install either CMFCore or FileSystemSite.
Formulator comes with online help, so click on Help! in the Zope management screens. If you want your brain to explode, read the How Formulator Eats its Own Dogfood help topic.
Information is also available at the Formulator web site:
There are also instructions to join the Formulator mailing list there. Discussion about Formulator should preferably happen on the mailing list first, though you can always mail me as well. But please consider the list if you have questions or suggestions.
Even more info can be found by reading the source.
Here are some key features of "Products.Formulator":
· manage form fields through the Zope management interface.
· manage field look & feel as well as validation and processing behavior.
· automatic field validation.
· determine field order and group fields together.
· easy extensibility with new field types.
· online help.
· serialization of form to XML and back.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Don't validate values against criterias when deserializing when. This makes impossible to deserialize values that are well-formed, but invalid on a given instance, loosing all information by doing so.