Porte has been designed to save time and to simplify the development of relational database applications written in PHP.
Tired of writing repetitive SQL to interact between your objects and the database, Porte will greatly simplify your life. Porte can retrieve, search and save objects without a single line of SQL. Porte deliver a natural and easy to use framework.
Porte's design goal was to avoid any external configuration (being XML or others). In its simplest form, a record is a PHP object which class extends "PorteRecord" and which contain its definition in an array called "meta_fields". Getter and setter methods as well as a lot more of goodies will be automatically derived from there.
To some extends, Porte is inspired by Martin Fowler concept of Active Records.
Here are some key features of "Porte":
· Property access: get, set, add, delete
· One-to-many associations
· Many-to-many associations (with or without a join table)
· Parent-child associations
· Table operations: exists, add, drop
· Table migrations: add and delete fields based on $meta_field configuration
· MySQL support
· Sql injection safe
· Events notification
· Validation framework
· Cross-databases operations in a same connection
· More than 300 tests which worth many lines of documentation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release focus on ease of navigation between the various objects (connection, tables, models, config, etc.).
· The model architecture has been completely redesigned and optimized, with more options than ever.
· Missing association methods have been completed.
· There is a new Web site.